Do I really Need Eternal Life?

John.1.12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

John.1.13 - who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

A believer is a child of God, a son inclusive. He is born of God through the portals of redemption and recreation. All you need to do is just to believe in Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and you instantly become a son of God! What a great privilege!

Rom.6.23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.


Eternal Life is God's gift! Freely given to everyone that believes on His name! After Adam's disobedience, we all sinned! Everyone! You don't need to sin to before you're named a sinner! Sinning became a nature every descendant of Adam had.

The nature of sin produces death. That's why God, because of the love He had and still has for us, sent His only begotten son to die for our sins and hence redeem us from death! This redemption has now saved us from death and everything it can produce! Hallelujah.


Rom.8.15 - So you should not be like cowering, fearful slaves. You should behave instead like God's very own children, adopted into his family--calling him "Father, dear Father."

One key thing Redemption brought us is Adoption into God's family, His kingdom. Formerly, we belonged to another kingdom, but through the adoption of sons through Jesus Christ we also became sons of God. We are now part of God's family...and we have every equal right and privilege as His family members.

Becoming His family members was by His son. Before time, it was a taboo to call yourself a son of God because that's a sign of equality to God. Jesus  did something very funny and strange while he was on Earth.

John.5.18 - So the Jewish leaders tried all the more to kill him. In addition to disobeying the Sabbath rules, he had spoken of God as his Father, thereby making himself equal with God.

He called Himself the son of God. This annoyed and shocked the Jewis leaders. No one had ever attempted doing so! This increased the anger in them to come against Him.

I'm a son, because I believe in Jesus Christ! I'm taking Jesus' place, acting in His stead, doing the Father's will. I'm the fruit of God's own Word. I recognize my place in Christ. I belong to the supernatural order of being. I have the ability of the indwelling presence.

I have a share/joint inheritance of divinity.
And this is because I have God's Gift- Eternal Life!
Eternal Life is not life after death! The scriptures never called it that! There is a thin line between Everlasting life and Eternal Life!

John.3.16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Everlasting Life is Life after death... Its opposite is everlasting death.
Everlasting Life is the assurance that Jesus gave us that after life on this Earth, we will also come and stay permanently with Him...in Heaven!

But Eternal Life is God's gift!
And what is the gift of Eternal Life?

Eternal Life is the presence of God in the believer. And the presence of God in a believer is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God Himself. The third person in the Trinity, not by hierarchy but by revelation. He's not the least in the Trinity.

John.10.28 - And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

This is an assurance. We can't be snatched out of God's hands because of the Holy Spirit. But we can choose to be snatched! That's when the place of our wills come in.

The privileges in eternal life are innumerable and very disctinct. We cannot sufficiently teach or explain it. Accessing it has more to do with the ministry of the Holy Spirit.


Why do I need eternal life?

=> God is omnipotent, Jesus is, I am also! Scriptures says "And nothing shall be impossible to me.." It also says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"


=> God is omniscient, Jesus is, I am also! I John 2:20: But ye have an unction from the Holy one, and ye know all things. I have the wisdom that Jesus had in His Earth Walk because Jesus has been made unto me wisdom!

=> God is omnipresent, Jesus is, don't be surprised; I am also! 

John 14:2: And if I go and Prepare a place for you, I will come again, and Receive you unto myself, that where I am, there ye may be also.

So I am in he very place Jesus is. He I everywhere...and since I'm in Him...then we both go together everywhere!

I have His Word that He is in me. The latent ability and energy within me is Him who have it to me. This makes Christianity very interesting and more than a religious practice! 
Philip is a believer, content writer and digital marketer. He loves God and is passionate about reaching young minds with the transforming knowledge of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment

  1. :)
NextGen Digital Welcome to WhatsApp chat
Howdy! How can we help you today?
Type here...